By: Sam Dupree
- Senioritis hit me right away, but I just couldn’t afford to slack off yet. As soon as I walked into school on the first day the realization that this was my last year struck me. Instead of this inspiring me to work hard, I just wanted to nap my way through the whole year.
- Senior year is not as easy as they say, in fact it’s been my most stressful year. All the graduates I’d ever spoken to told me that senior year was the year for taking it easy. They must have meant second semester because with college applications and advanced classes, this has been the most stressful year of my life.
- Every moment or event in senior year is the last one I’ll experience. Every dance, musical, sporting event, and pep assembly is the last one that we have the chance to be apart of. This means take advantage of everything the school has to offer and experience everything in this last year.
- Early decision deadlines are not the only deadlines, contrary to what most people believe. Some seniors rush around to get their applications in right in the beginning of first semester. These early decision deadlines are just about finding out if you get in before other people. It’s not too much worse to apply regular decision, which usually isn’t due till after first semester ends.
- College is the only thing adults want to talk about senior year. Every conversation I had with anyone over the age of 18 was about what school I wanted to go and what I wanted to do in the future. It quickly becomes exhausting when people care more about what school I’m going to than who I am as a person or how I am doing..
- Signing up for financial aid is a long, tiresome process that shouldn’t be put off for long. Make sure to do it with a parent and double check that all the information is correct. Financial aid is actually something that can help families and make going to a better college, more of a possibility.